For every 25 conscious-contributions shared at on the MyContributionCounts page, YouMeWe Group will invest $25 in an individual seeking a micro-loan for business or education through the Kiva.org program. Kiva provides micro-loans that change lives. By lending as little as $25, we can help people around the world create an opportunity for themselves and their communities.
Through participation, conscious-contributors can double their impact.
Micro-loan conscious-contribution selection criteria:
- A micro-loan is provided to either advance education or expand a business.
- The country where the most campaign participants logged for YouMeWe Group to invest.
- Is there a micro-loan opportunity available through the Kiva program to invest in the most requested country at the time of 25 conscious-contributions being logged?
- YouMeWe will lean toward investing in a woman’s education or business, because:
- The YouMeWe Foundation supports women in tertiary education, with the hopes of equalizing female representation in leadership roles.
- Women also lead their communities and building strong families.
- On average, women reinvest 80% of their income in the wellbeing of their children.
- When investing in education, YouMeWe will seek individuals who are primarily seeking tertiary education – YouMeWe Group believes in investing in leaders. Our interviews with pioneering African women on WisdomExchangeTV.com also suggest the massive impact one woman with a vision can have on an entire community.
6. When investing in a business, YouMeWe Group will lean toward women’s groups requesting the investment.
- When a group of women are working together, they support each other in the success of her business, and in repayment of the loan.
- In rural communities where women often do not have collateral to secure the loan, each borrower guarantees the loans promote group empowerment and collaboration – two values of the YouMeWe Group.
- Focus on groups that are creating a business that will offer opportunities for the community, or for future expansion. Groups that manufacture, or grow have the best growth potential and will possibly employ more people, providing for more families.
- When a country to invest in is not obvious amongst the contributors to the campaign, YouMeWe Group will highly weight countries where there are challenges receiving loans through traditional methods.
- Lastly, the on the ground Kiva loan partners will be assessed. So YouMeWe can continue to reinvest in other individuals and communities, the below criteria will be evaluated:
- Field Partner risk rating: 3 or better
- Delinquency rate
- Loans at risk rate
- Default rate
- Repayment schedule
For campaign participants, all you need to do is log your contributions, YouMeWe Group will take care of the rest.
To learn more about how to make your contributions count – twice, visit the MyContributionCount Campaign page, and log your contribution, so we can collectively weave the world together one conscious-contribution at a time.
For more information, contact Suzanne F. Stevens at 416-570-6557 or SuzanneFStevens@youmewe.ca
Until next time, make your contributions count. #YouMeWeMovement #MyContributionCounts
Join us for weWednesday – a short weekly video infusion of how to live your most meaningful life by consciously contributing to your community, country, and beyond. Subscribe on the right to weWednesdays to receive it in your inbox, or find out more here.
Suzanne F. Stevens, Conscious-Contributor Cultivator
Certified Speaking Professional, (CSP)
Social entrepreneur |Professional Speaker | Host | Author | Philanthropist
2017 National President: Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS)
Awards: TIAW World of Difference Recipient for women economic empowering
Accreditation: Suzanne is one of 65 Certified Speaking Professionals (CSP) in Canada and is in the exclusive 15% of speakers who have this designation internationally.
The post #MyContributionCounts Campaign, micro-loan selection criteria appeared first on YouMeWe.