Have you ever reached for the gear shift on the steering column when in actuality it was on the center console? When you rent a vehicle in the course of doing business, it requires focus, attention and preparation every time.
- Be mentally ready to drive.
- Wear your seatbelt
- Look around before putting the vehicle in gear. Know what’s in front, beside and behind you.
- Pedestrians come first – Yield!
- Upon arrival, put the vehicles in park. Turn vehicle off and don’t forget the keys.
- Be physically ready to drive.
- Taking allergy, cold or other meds? Know how they can affect driving so you can plan ahead.
- 90% of a driver’s reaction time depends on vision. When did you last have yours checked?
- Passengers are ready and wearing a seatbelt.
- Doors closed.
- Trunk and hood closed.
- Put on your seatbelt. Any seat – every time.
- Adjust seat.
- Locate wipers, turn signals, all gauges, window controls and temperature control.
- Adjust mirrors.