B The Change Weekly: March 6, 2020
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
It’s B Corp Month! This month B The Change is celebrating and sharing stories about Certified B Corporations: how they help each of us vote every day for a better future through the places we work, shop and live.
Now a community of more than 3,200 companies in 150 industries and 71 countries around the world, B Corps meet verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. The B Corp community demonstrates daily that business can be a force for good.
This week, we share the important aspects that set B Corps apart from other businesses in B The Change Weekly.
7 Ways B Corps Stand Out
B Corps around the globe are making a difference and remaking the typical business mold — in numerous, game-changing ways.
Redefining Success Through a Circular Model
Slowly but surely, many companies are becoming more socially conscious and environmentally aware. That’s good news for businesses like B Corp Aliter, which buys, refurbishes and sells computer network equipment.
On B The Change, Odette van Zijdveld of B Corp Aliter Networks touts the promise of a circular IT model that will help businesses save on costs while boosting profits and helping our planet and its people.
How B Corps Are Changing the Essence of Business
In the current market, says Shaun Russell of B Corp Skandinavisk, the word “consumer” can sound criminal, bringing a feeling of guilt with every purchase. But ironically, he says, the very thing that has brought us to this point is the best tool to address it.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on recent articles:
- 7 Ways B Corps Stand Out: How Every Company Can Make a Difference and Be a Force for Good: Through Their Innovative Operations and Practices, B Corps Vote Every Day for Stronger Communities
- Solving a Global Crisis with Unused Airline Miles: How the Miles4Migrants Team Uses Donated Frequent Flyer Miles to Reunite Displaced Families Around the World
- Consumer as Criminal? How B Corps Are Changing the Essence of Business: Learning to Walk the Talk in Search of the Next Generation
- To Build a Better World, It’s Time for Businesses to Redefine Success: B Corp Aliter Networks Champions Sustainability by Reducing E-Waste in IT Industry
- Putting the Poverty Industry out of Business Through Equitable Financing: Capital Good Fund Loans for Community Capital Success
- How to Give Up Ownership of Your Company in 5 Steps: The PixelSpoke Worker Cooperative Journey, Part 2: The How
- Building a Just Business: Our B Corp’s Journey Through the Development of a Race Equity Action Plan
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.