Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
B the Change Weekly: December 20, 2019
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
The hectic pace of our everyday lives makes it easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. By stepping back to take in a broader view, we can identify opportunities where small changes can create large impact. It’s at the core of the Certified B Corporation community: By considering their impact each day on workers, environment and community, and planning for long-term improvement, B Corps demonstrate the powerful potential of incremental progress.
In our final B the Change Weekly newsletter of 2019 (we’ll return to your inbox in January!), we share how B Corps take small steps toward larger, more impactful change — and how your business can do the same in the new year.
Low-Price Gifts with a Big Impact
It’s the time of year to show appreciation for those who brighten our days in big and small ways. You can choose a little something for these everyday heroes and amplify the impact of your gift purchases by voting with your dollars through choosing gifts from companies that also value people and planet.
For the holidays or anyday, the gifts from the B Corps highlighted in this B the Change article offer products at $25 or less so you can be a force for good and show you care — for the recipient and for the other stakeholders who benefit from your purchase.
3 First Steps to Improving Your Company’s Impact
Becoming a B Corp means more than taking stock of your company’s current operations. Through certification, businesses have the opportunity to set goals for improvement, create greater positive social and environmental impact, and track performance over time.
B Corp Connects with and for a New Generation
For B Corp Dhana, clothing provides a way to connect and empower the three building blocks of its business: Mother Nature, garment workers, and children. By holding its business partners to high standards, Dhana aims to improve the lives of women who make its apparel while boosting the local economy and taking a stand on human rights.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on all the good stuff we shared this week:
- A Year of Business as a Force for Good: 2019 in Review: Celebrating Major Shifts Toward a More Inclusive and Regenerative Economy
- Regen Network Platform Pays Farmers to Adopt Regenerative Practices: Christian Shearer Accelerates Shift Toward Positive Ecological Impact
- For-Profit Strategies for the Not-for-Profit World: B Corp Phil Marks 20 Years in the Business of Doing Good
- Small-Price Gifts from B Corps That Make a Big Difference: How Your Holiday Shopping Can Be a Force for Good
- Why I Am Making Christmas Green This Year: How to Give the Gift of a More Sustainable Future
- AI for Happier Students and Safer Schools: With reThinkIt! App, B Corp OneSeventeen Media Supports the Mental and Emotional Well-Being of Today’s Youth
- 4 Ways to Give Holiday Gifts and Combat Consumerism: Less Stuff, More Impact: Presents That Act as a Force for Good
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.