Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
RePurpose Is on a Mission Toward a Plastic-Free Future with the World’s First Plastic Credit Platform
Fifteen trucks of plastic flush into the oceans every minute. So how do we make any sort of significant dent in the amount of plastic that’s being created and the amounts of plastic waste disposed of improperly?
CEO of rePurpose Svanika Balasubramanian and her two co-founders are doing everything they can to remove as much plastic from our environment as possible. With the world’s first plastic credit platform, the rePurpose team is helping brands and businesses get certified Plastic Neutral by removing from the environment as much plastic waste as they produce — making an important step toward a circular economy.
They accomplish this through a global impact network of vetted recycling projects and circular innovations across six countries and three continents, where they deploy crucially needed finance to scale up environmental impact.
Balasubramanian is fueled by two passions: pushing the charge for a circular economy and finding new ways to integrate podcasts into her day. During this Grow Ensemble podcast, she discusses the unique angle of this plastic waste issue that the rePurpose team members chose to focus on, and how they came across it.
Want more episodes on impact-driven businesses reducing plastic waste? Listen to:
- #78 — How to Get Rid of Plastic in the Ocean with Eric Hudson, CEO of Preserve
- #82 — How Sustainable Product Design Creates a Circular Economy with Jeremy Lang, Founder of Pela Case
- #69–10 Years on a Mission to Save Our Planet (One Reusable Cup at a Time) with Abigail Forsyth, Co-Founder of KeepCup
Listen to our episode with Balasubramanian for these key takeaways:
- How rePurpose went from an honors thesis to a full-blown company.
- What’s responsible for the company’s quick and exceptional growth.
- Insights that Balasubramanian has learned about plastic waste on her journey.
- The importance of an intentional company culture.
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.