Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
B The Change Weekly: March 27, 2020
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
When much of everyday life is unfamiliar or uncertain, as in current times of crisis, there is one steadying force for those who are able: finding ways to help.
This week, B The Change Weekly shares how Certified B Corporations and others in fortunate situations can act locally, to benefit their communities, and think globally, so we all can weather the challenge. (If you’d like to share what your company is doing to support others right now, email B The Change Weekly or post on behalf of your B Corp in the B Hive community support group!)
How to Take Action During This Crisis
In just a matter of weeks, the coronavirus pandemic has posed profound health concerns and an array of challenges and disruptions. While we’re all feeling the effects in different ways and to different extremes, so many of us — fortunate to be in a position to give — are asking the same question: What can we do?
Staying Community-Minded in Tough Times and Beyond
Whether times are tough or “normal,” Certified B Corporations follow business practices that benefit not only their bottom line but also boost the well-being of their communities — with workers, customers, and the environment in mind.
How to Lead Through the Storm
As a business leader, you’ve probably gotten up more times than you’ve fallen down. You’ve experienced setbacks that took you off your desired course. You figured out how to get answers to questions. You are someone who overcomes obstacles and helps others do the same.
But if you’re a business leader feeling alone and looking for direction right now, check out a few tips on breaking big problems into smaller, manageable chunks in this article from Chris Hutchinson of B Corp Trebuchet Group.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on recent articles:
- How to Be a Force for Good During Crisis: B Corps Focus on Community: Even in Times of Economic Trouble, Businesses Can Help Keep Others Afloat
- 10 Ways for Individuals to Take Action During the COVID-19 Crisis: How People in the B Corp Community and Others Can Contribute to Those in Need
- I’m Struggling to Hold Things Together, and People Are Looking to Me for Answers. How Do I Lead Them Through This Storm?
- Lighting the Way for Earthquake Relief in Puerto Rico: MPOWERD’s Work As a B Corp Affects Millions and Saves Tons of Carbon Dioxide from Our Atmosphere
- Better by Design: From Wall Street to B Corp: Fully CEO David Kahl Transitions from a CPA to CEO of a Thriving Conscious Company
- Building Stronger Urban Communities Through Economic Transformation: MIT CoLab Director Commits to Shared Power of Community
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.