At CNote, Cat Berman Connects Community Development and Women-Owned Businesses with Funding
Cat Berman is a three-time entrepreneur with experience launching and building scalable businesses. Before launching CNote, Berman served as managing director at Charles Schwab, where she led a strategy division focused on the future of finance that incorporated behavioral economics and predictive analytics. Her previous company, Global Brigades, is now the world’s largest student development firm operating in five countries. Over the last two decades, Berman has held senior roles in management consulting and venture capital.
LIFT Economy is part of the community of Certified B Corporations. Learn more about this growing movement of people using business as a force for good, and sign up to receive the B the Change Weekly newsletter for more stories like this one, delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Here are some highlights from the LIFT Economy podcast interview with Berman:
- Her story of how she originally got into the work she is doing today.
- What CNote is, why it is important, and how people can use the platform.
- The story behind the Wisdom Fund and how it was designed to bring new thinking, experimentation, and sustainable solutions to drive wealth creation for women, specifically women of color and those who are low-income in the United States.
- How individuals, institutions, and wealth advisers can participate in the movement to invest in economic inclusion.
- What’s ahead for Berman and the team at CNote, a Certified B Corporation.
LIFT Economy is an impact consulting firm with a mission to create, model and share a locally self-reliant economy that works for the benefit of all life.
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.