Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
B the Change Weekly: November 29, 2019
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
With the choices we make every day, we cast “votes” for the people and companies behind the products and services in our lives. By voting with our dollars and time for Certified B Corporations — as the places where we work, do business and shop — we can make choices that align with our values and help build a healthier future. As we enter the holiday season and make the often-associated gift purchases, this message becomes even more important and potentially impactful.
We’re thankful that you’ve cast a vote for B Corps by becoming part of the B the Change community. To help us continue to spread the good word about B Corps and how they use business as a force for good, we hope you will take this survey that will shape our article plans for 2020.
Shop Your Values at the Holidays
As the holiday season ramps up to full throttle, shoppers can choose to be mindful of where they spend their money — or choose to spend less. Shifting more of your shopping dollars to Certified B Corporations is one way you can share your values and vote every day for those values — at the holidays and throughout the year.
A Trillion Votes for Business for Good
Americans are expected to spend $1 trillion during the upcoming holiday shopping season — a potential source of power for shoppers to make a positive impact and vote with their dollars as a force for change. To harness that power, B Corp Done Good and other purpose-driven organizations are coming together for the Shop for Good Sunday campaign.
Use Your Vote Every Day
By casting our votes for B Corps, we can use our daily choices to change capitalism from a system that benefits the few to one that benefits all. We can support organizations with our time and money so they, in turn, support us and our future.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on all the good stuff we shared this week:
- Gifts That Give Something Back: Shop Your Values at the Holidays: Here’s How to Vote Every Day with Your Dollars and Actions for Businesses That Measure, Consider and Improve Their Impact
- A Simple Yet Powerful Way to Make a Difference During the Holiday Season (and Save Money): The Holidays Are the Most Wonderful — and Important — Time of the Year to Support Businesses That Do Good for People and the Planet
- Income Advance Programs: Building More Than Just a Bank Account: B Corp Technicians for Sustainability Sees Ripple Effects of Collaborating on Financial Services for Workers
- 3 Lessons from Summer Camp That Benefit My Conscious Business: Finding the Deeper Meaning of a Canoe Trip in the Wilderness
- From Kentucky to India: Global Impact Through Textile Design: Anchal Project Employs Artisans in Mission to Empower Victims of Sex Trafficking and Domestic Violence
- The Simple Math Behind Our Journey to Zero Waste: How B Corp Fresh Prep Creates a More Sustainable Meal Kit
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.