Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
Christian Shearer Accelerates Shift Toward Positive Ecological Impact
Christian Shearer is CEO and co-founder of Regen Network, an ecological agreements platform working to accelerate the adoption of regenerative agriculture. Shearer has been working in ecological agriculture for the past 15 years, with much of that time spent working with farmers in Southeast Asia. As a co-founder of Terra Genesis International, he spent five years working with leading natural products brands, helping them understand how to invest in their existing supply systems to encourage them toward more regenerative practices.
Now Shearer is pouring his life into Regen Network because he believes the tools being built will have a profound influence on the acceleration of the adoption of regenerative agriculture around the world, helping farmers get paid for their positive ecological impact.
LIFT Economy is part of the community of Certified B Corporations. Learn more about this growing movement of people using business as a force for good, and sign up to receive the B the Change Weekly newsletter for more stories like this one, delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Here are a few highlights from the interview with Shearer:
- His roots in Thailand, and how he stumbled upon permaculture and instigated the Panya Project.
- How Shearer’s previous company, Terra Genesis International, continues to work to integrate regenerative agriculture into the supply stream of companies around the world.
- The backstory behind Regen Network, how it aims to change the game for planetary regeneration through aligning incentives in agriculture and the market for impact credits (such as carbon credits), and how this is operationalized.
- How Regen Network takes a regenerative approach to its work internally and externally.
- Exciting next directions for Regen Network and how to get the flywheel spinning in the market for ecosystem services.
LIFT Economy is an impact consulting firm with a mission is to create, model, and share a locally self-reliant economy that works for the benefit of all life.
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.
Regen Network Platform Pays Farmers to Adopt Regenerative Practices was originally published in B the Change on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.