What is a contribution?
A question I get asked all the time is, what is the difference between a contribution and a conscious-contribution?
A contribution is simple – it could be investing, buying, donating, educating, helping, being kind, or volunteering.
What is a conscious-contribution™?
A conscious-contribution™ is about being more aware.
It is assessing the impact of your contribution on the beneficiary and community as a whole.A conscious-contribution™ is about being more aware. It is assessing the impact of your contribution on the beneficiary and community as a whole. #YourContributionCounts #YouMeWeMovement Click To Tweet
So when your emotions are affected by a situation, and your reflexes kick in to immediately help – Pause to reflect on implications, ask questions, or conduct research.
When you give a conscious-contribution, we are converting an immediate emotional response to rational implementation.When you give a conscious-contribution, we are converting an immediate emotional response to rational implementation. #YourContributionCounts #YouMeWeMovement Click To Tweet
What is the IMPACT of a Conscious-Contribution?
WELL, Every time you invest, buy, donate, educate, help, are kind, volunteer – consciously – YOU ARE HAVING a positive social or environmental impact LONG TERM– NOW Your contribution counts!
Questions you may ask yourself to assess if your contribution is conscious:
- Donating clothes? Where are they donated? Will it sabotage an industry?
- Drinking with a straw? Will it be recycled or end up in a landfill? Really?
- Building a school internationally? Who’s job am I taking?
- Providing Holiday dinner to a family in need? Who delivers it? Am I the hero, or the parent? What impacts will that have?
- Buying a product from a social enterprise or company? Who are the beneficiaries? Do I support who or what they contribute to?
- Giving money to a child in a developing country? How could I better use my funds for sustainability?
- Donating to a refugee crisis? What do they need? [Hint, your donation of used clothes can bog down the system.]
- Leaving the tap running while shaving? Watering your grass…again? Freshwater will never be an issue, said Cape Town.
- Giving money to a person on the street? What am I perpetuating?
The options are endless. More on conscious-contributions.
The answers that breed consciousness may not always be obvious, but you are thinking about it, and that is a great start.
Make your conscious-contribution count twice!
We invite you to log your contributions, or celebrate someone else’s on the YouMeWe #YourContributionCounts Campaign page – for every contribution logged, we will make your contribution count TWICE.
IT IS EASY, FOR EVERY CONTRIBUTION LOGGED… WE WILL INVEST in a women’s business or education through the Kiva program.
Visit YouMeWe, YourContributionCounts campaign page, and log now – it is a conscious-contribution that will pay dividends for an entire community.Visit YourContributionCounts campaign page, and log now – it is a conscious-contribution that will pay dividends for an entire community. Click To Tweet
Collaboratively we will turn poverty into prosperity with conscious-contributions!
Until next time, make your contribution count! #YourContributionCounts #YouMeWeMovement
BEFORE YOU GO… like & share this post with your friends, colleagues, and anyone who wants to live their most meaningful life. Together, WE can spread the YouMeWe mindset of consistent conscious-contributions™ to the community. Collaboratively we can create a positive ripple effect.
Join us for weWednesday – a short weekly vlog infusion of how to make your contribution count • for you • your company • your community. Subscribe on the right to weWednesdays to receive it in your inbox, or find out more here.