Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
Liza Moiseeva and Her Mission-Driven Company GlobeIn Open Doors and Build Connections for Remarkable Artisans Worldwide
Liza Moiseeva is the co-founder and CMO of GlobeIn, a fair trade subscription box and ethical online marketplace showcasing creations by artisans around the world.
With GlobeIn, Moiseeva has managed to create tremendous impact through building a deeply connected community around the brand. From model to marketing, her business works to give opportunity to artisan groups globally and build deep connections with mindful digital consumers who appreciate their work. GlobeIn strives to empower and support these artists, some of whose art forms are rapidly vanishing, providing a path for them to preserve their art and to thrive, find success, and take care of themselves, their families, and their communities.
As a talented entrepreneur with a history in the nonprofit and social good sector, Moiseeva attributes much of her success to the power of the type of community building she has worked hard to infuse into GlobeIn. From running meetups with like-minded people to interactive Facebook Lives, a strong community has always been at the heart of Moiseeva’s achievements.
In this episode of the Grow Ensemble podcast, we get to hear about GlobeIn’s origin story, Moiseeva’s journey in the social good space, and her invigorating perspective on community and growth through the context of GlobeIn. Moiseeva also dives in and breaks down the fundamentals she believes has been key to GlobeIn’s success, having managed to navigate a competitive industry while still promoting sustainable consumption, build a network of passionate and engaged customers, and create powerful, lasting change for artisan groups around the world.
Want more episodes on impactful businesses in the ethical fashion space? Listen to:
- #47 — From Kentucky to India: Global Impact through Textile Design with Colleen and Maggie Clines of Anchal Project
- #24 — Bridging the Gap: Manish Gupta and Matr Boomie Connect Indian Artisans with Western Consumers
- #18 — From Google, Amazon and Adobe to An Ethical Fashion Startup with Laura Alexander Wittig, CEO of Brightly
Looking for a job where you can put your talents to work making the world a better place? Search for a meaningful job on B Work, the largest impact-only job search platform.
Listen in to our episode with Moiseeva for some inspiring takeaways:
- GlobeIn’s origin story, its business model, and the products it sells.
- How Moiseeva’s experience working with nonprofits led her to believe that charities might not always be the most sustainable way of solving social problems.
- How community is the key to an effective and successful social good platform.
- A look at one of GlobeIn’s recent initiatives, the Artisan Fund, and the impact it has made so far.
- Advice for small brands looking to take things to the next level.
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.
Building a Global Community Around Ethical Shopping and Fair Trade Goods was originally published in B The Change on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.