Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
B The Change Weekly: February 21, 2020
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
For companies doing the necessary work to incorporate inclusion, fairness, and opportunity into their operations, gathering the courage to start can be the biggest challenge. As Polina Peg of Certified B Corporation Round Peg says on B The Change:
“We need to stop looking at companies as good and bad, ‘us’ and ‘them.’ … The real goal should be to encourage every business to work consistently toward the beneficial side of the spectrum.”
This week, B The Change Weekly offers resources, examples and encouragement to guide and inform your company’s inclusion journey. Help another company take the step to get started: Share the most helpful resources you’ve used in the comments on this article or on social media — and tag @bcorporation so we can spread the word!
Free Inclusion Guides for Your Business
For B Corps and other businesses, realizing the advantages of a diverse workforce involves a long-term journey that includes lessons and successes. For many businesses, identifying where to start and how to track progress can be a tall hurdle to jump.
How Smaller B Corps Grow Inclusion
Several small-to-midsize B Corps are leading with some of the most innovative and transformative business practices. These thought leaders are applying their values to their business practices, walking the talk and starting a ripple that affects their entire business ecosystem.
A Plea for Inclusion in Sustainability Thinking
Sustainable, purpose-driven businesses and companies give us a glimpse of the future, says Polina Peg of B Corp Round Peg. But it’s going to take the world a lot longer to get there if we segregate ourselves.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on recent articles:
- How Can Your Business Realize the Advantages of a Diverse Workforce? Try These Resources for Starters: Check Out These Books, Online Guides and Webinars for and from the B Corp Community
- Entrepreneurship As a Second Chance: Social Entrepreneur Andrew Glazier Is Helping Thousands Defy the Odds with His Mission to Cut Recidivism in Half
- How a Social Enterprise Can Nurture Leadership Skills: Epic Arts in Cambodia Provides Professional and Personal Inspiration
- Uplifting Black Entrepreneurs Through Community and Capital: Runway Project Founder Jessica Norwood Works to Reshape Financial Infrastructure
- 5 Tips for Planning and Leading Effective Meetings: How to Involve More Participants and Use Time Wisely
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.