Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
B The Change Weekly: March 13, 2020
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
Using business as a force for good means Certified B Corporations are in constant pursuit of improvement. By turning to the B Impact Assessment as a measure and a guide, B Corps can target where they can be better — for people, our planet, and the bottom line.
This week B The Change Weekly focuses on the B Corp workers — officially or unofficially known as B Keepers — who are trying new impact strategies, creating change with and for their colleagues, and leading the way toward better business for everyone.
Meet the B Keepers Driving Improvement
Earning the B Corp label at certification is just the beginning. What follows is a constant quest for better business through impact strategies built around the weak spots and areas for improvement revealed by the B Impact Assessment.
Developing a Taste for Systems Change
The Builders Fund, an impact investment B Corp, believes in investing to build companies that can reinvent their industries and shift away from “take, make, waste” thinking. For B Corp MIXT, that means creating healthy, sustainable, delicious meals for people on the go.
B Corps: Building a Community of Leaders
When she founded her B Corp, Kim Fuller realized her business philosophy — creating a common good for society and for the people that I work with, while earning money — made her an outlier. “For me, it was about figuring out that I was different, but not alone,” she says.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on recent articles:
- Meet the B Keepers: Insights on Successful Impact Strategies at B Corps: The Internal Leaders Share Ideas for Employee Involvement, Goal Setting and Innovation
- Something’s Gotta Change: Why It’s Time for Businesses, Nonprofits and other Organizations to Make Sustainable Choices
- The Benefits of Working for a B Corp: With a Global View of Success, More Workers Seek Jobs with Purpose
- We Created Our 3-Year Plan But Nothing Has Changed. What Am I Missing? How to Get Team Members on Board with Company Goals
- Vote Every Day with B Corps Disrupting Fast Food: MIXT’s Focus on Sustainable, Healthy Food and Treating its People Well Offers Roadmap for a Better Food System for Everyone
- Building a Community of World-Changing Women in Business: Conscious Company Media CEO Shares Her Passion for Empowering Female Entrepreneurs in the Purpose-Driven Space
- Mission-Driven Women on Overcoming Financial Setbacks: B Corp Leaders Share How Past Money Challenges Inspire Their Current Work
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.