Wisdom Exchange Tv gathers and shares from people and organizations making conscious-contributions™ in our companies and communities. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Wisdom Exchange Tv. Links to the original article are found below.
B The Change Weekly: February 14, 2020
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
The journey toward a more equitable, diverse and inclusive economy inherently leads to a lot of questions: How do we begin? How should we improve our practices? How can we tell if this change is real?
For Certified B Corporations, community serves as a strong source of information and guidance on these questions. Through collaboration and open discussion, measurement and assessment, commitment and leadership, B Corps lean in to try to demonstrate how to make this transformational shift to an economy that works for all — including being transparent about when they miss the mark and take a detour.
In this B The Change Weekly you’ll find examples, resources and tips to help your business along its journey toward inclusion.
Improving Inclusion as a Health Services Provider
For Success Rehabilitation, a service provider for individuals with traumatic brain injury, becoming a Certified B Corporation initially looked to be making official what it already was doing. But as the team at the newly certified B Corp has discovered, creating real change takes more than policies and words.
On B The Change, learn how Success Rehabilitation is building upon its strong foundation in programming and goal setting to become a more inclusive and diverse workplace that values open communication.
6 Steps Toward More Inclusive Hiring
For small companies like B Corp MediaStyle, opportunities to hire new employees don’t come often. That’s why CEO Caitlin Kealey and others at MediaStyle are working to ensure the company’s hiring process is as equitable and inclusive as possible.
A Guide to the Basics of Diversity and Inclusion
As companies look for new ways to attract and retain top workers, they’re realizing the importance of improving their diversity practices and creating equal opportunities for all employees.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on recent articles:
- Success Rehabilitation: How This Social Impact Company Is Working to Improve Inclusion: B Corp Rehabilitation Services Provider Builds Outreach to Attract New Workers and Raise Awareness of Brain Injury
- How B Corps in the UK Are Addressing the Climate Crisis: Law Firm Bates Wells Part of Collective Effort to Act Now for the Environment
- Evolving the 9-to-5 Workday with a Parent-Friendly Approach: Social Entrepreneur Amanda Munday Advocates for Parents in the Workplace Through the Purpose-Driven Space
- Why It’s Time to Increase the Role of Women in Tech: How Pronounced Is Gender Disparity in Tech Industries? Greater Than You May Think
- Opt for a Greener Gift Option This Valentine’s Day: Show Your Love for Your Valentine and Your Love for Our Planet
- Using Impact Investing to Regenerate Costa Rican Land: Blacksheep Connects Landowners and Investors in Projects That Create Long-Term Stability for All
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.