B the Change Weekly: September 6, 2019
Delivered on Fridays, B the Change Weekly delivers the most important and most relevant stories about people using business as a force for good. The newsletter features a weekly note from the B the Change team alongside insight and context on the stories we share here on Medium. Below is our latest roundup. To receive these insights directly in your inbox, sign up for B the Change Weekly today. Now on to the good stuff:
This week we announce and celebrate the Best For The World honorees — Certified B Corporations leading the way in building an inclusive and regenerative economy for everyone.
At B the Change, we lift these businesses year-round by sharing and highlighting their innovative solutions and lessons of business as a force for good. During the annual Best For The World celebration, we share the stories of top-performing B Corps with the highest environmental, community, customer, worker and overall impact as shown on their B Impact Assessment scores, plus the Changemakers — B Corps with the greatest impact improvement.
We’re thrilled to celebrate the work of these Best For The World honorees, and the entire B Corp community, by sharing how they vote for a new way to do business through their operations and commitment to workers, environment, and community — and a brighter future for all.
Meet 2019’s Best For The World Honorees
The global business leaders honored as Best For The World lead by example by valuing people, purpose and public transparency along with profit while demonstrating how these multiple stakeholders are crucial to future economic success. They also give consumers and business partners a way to vote every day with their values by supporting B Corps.
Forging a Path for Others to Follow
As the Business Roundtable statement’s shift away from shareholder primacy generates headlines and conversation, the B Corp community continues to forge a stakeholder-focused path while transparently and vulnerably sharing stories of its successes and challenges for others to learn from and build upon.
As B Lab Chief Marketing Officer Anthea Kelsick shares, this year’s Best For The World honorees serve as leaders in providing their employees with meaningful work and uplifting the communities where they operate.
Learning from the Best
As a new social contract between business and society gains broader traction after the Business Roundtable’s commitment “to lead for the benefit of all stakeholders,” B Lab co-founder Jay Coen Gilbert says B Corps stand ready to help turn those words into concrete actions.
Stay in the Know
Here’s your chance to catch up on all the good stuff we shared this week:
- Building a Better World, Starting with the Health of Their Communities: B Corps Use Business to Improve Social and Environmental Factors that Have a Big Impact on Our Well-Being
- Top 10 Ideas That Show Business Roundtable CEOs How To Create Value For All Stakeholders
- Meet the Business Leaders Who Vote Every Day for a Better Way to Do Business: B Lab Announces the 2019 Best For The World Honorees
- Gen Z Is Shaping the Future of Work: How Employers Like Athleta Are Stepping Up to Meet the Values of the Next Generation
- How B Corps Balance Benefit for All with Workers’ Well-Being: CEO of UK B Corp Explores the Relationship Between Doing Good in the World and Meeting High Employment Standards
- Reshaping Business to Nurture Corporate Accountability: How B Corps Demonstrate the Value of Business Social Responsibility
- Community Currency Builds Local Economy and Resilience: Entrepreneur Chris Hewitt Works to Strengthen Hudson Valley
B the Change gathers and shares the voices from within the movement of people using business as a force for good and the community of Certified B Corporations. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the nonprofit B Lab.